2018 Ford Focus roof dents

What have you done besides post on the web . Have you contacted the dealer , called the corporate number in your owners manual , had a body shop look at it or what. Also if you are not the original owner then you may not get any help from Ford.

Hi I took the car to allen ford in Romford and a guy from the body shop looked at it and said he would forward the report on but next day they rang and in anutshell said they would not look at it under the warranty as they hadn’t heard of any other prob;ems like it

Many thanks for your comments

Please post a picture of the dents so we get a better idea of what is going on.

1 Like

My best guess is that the paint on your car’s roof is a bit thin, allowing you to notice otherwise minor imperfections. Then again, I have a “rather strange” imagination. :wink: Granted, you’ve described the dents as “minute” and the car is three years old but as for the dealer’s response, IMHO it’s bogus. If a car has a legitimate defect it doesn’t matter whether any other similar cars have one or not. I doubt the original warranty says anything like “provided enough owners report similar problems.” Whether it’s worth pursuing further is up to you.

How about posting those pictures . . . ?!

Thanks for your reply we will be handing the car back to fords in sept as it is at the end of the contract if there wasn’t the issue of the dents I would have considered paying the balance off and keeping it

I have no idea what is going on here . They said it would not be covered under the warranty . I guess this is a 3 year lease and unless you have driven more miles than the warranty covers it should still be in the warranty period . These dents must be something other than a manufacturing defect so you just hope that you do not have some damage charge at lease turn in time.

1 Like

Maybe you can get a pre-inspection to see if you will be responsible for the dents. We bought out our lease and similar car was listing for 3 to 4k more than our buyout price.

Unfortunately, Volvo is probably correct. While I personally don’t believe you’re responsible for the dents, now that the dealership knows about them, if your luck is anything like mine they’ll probably try to stick you with a charge for the “damage.” Given their response to date, I do think it’s best to walk away from this particular dealer once the lease has run its course. Best of luck.

1 Like

As always be careful what you wish for.

You will likely be charged for the dents at lease end. That’s not normal wear and tear, and the dealer nor Ford make a habit of giving money away. I suggest that you take the car back to the leasing agency for an inspection near the end of the lease and see if they will ding you for anything. If not, then you’re fine. If they want to charge for dent repairs, at least you have time to get an estimate for repairs on your own and decide which costs less. BTW, your auto insurance might be the least expensive way to fix the dents if the lessor wants to charge you.

There’s a guide for the inspection that cover’s what they would consider normal wear, without seeing these dents it’s hard to know.

1 Like