2018 Dodge Grand Caravan - Fog makes it whistle

not my personal car, but my work van. a silver 2019 Dodge Caravan. whenever i drive in fog, there’s a very high pitch/barely audible whine or whistling. one of the other vans does it too. i assume it’s a door or window seal, but no one else seems to hear it or have an idea (i’m not crazy, i promise). any clue to what it might be?

Is the other one Silver also. If so that may be the problem .
Seriously , it has a warranty so you or who ever owns the van should contact the dealer . Because those of us on the web can’t hear it.

Do these vans have a roof rack ?

Radio antenna? If it’s a power antenna try turning radio off.

When it’s foggy the air is denser. That could conceivably change the pitch of any wind/seal related noise. It’s possible the sound is always there but not within the range of your hearing with normal, dry air. The solution might be to replace the door/window seals but good luck with a problem nobody else can hear.

1 Like

no, it doesn’t have a roof rack, the new vans we got are like a step above base model (all power windows, digital display, etc)

that’s what i thought, but i wasn’t sure. thanks

Never believe anyone who promises… :slightly_smiling_face:

I haven’t got the foggiest idea what might cause the whistling. Perhaps it has something to do with the added humidity in the air.

Cute since we’re talking about fog.

Damp road, change in sound from the tires?

Possible but I’d like to think the OP would be able to tell the difference between that and wind noise.