2018 Chrysler Pacifica ground clearance

OK, I never measured the Montana. Guess you’re right.

Yes the 2018 Pacifica has only 5.1 inches of ground clearance and the 2018 Odyssey has only 4.5. Part of the reason both of these vehicles handle so well (for minivans). If this is an important issue, consider the Kia Sedona with 6.7 inches of clearance.

However, the Pacifica is an excellent minivan – we test drove the 2018 Touring L after our 2012 Sienna was totalled. Both my wife and I were set on purchasing another Sienna, but the test drive with the Pacifica changed our minds – yes, we bought the 2018 Pac. With the 8.4 Uconnect Premium Alpine audio and Advanced Safety Tech. Already over 6000 miles and we still love driving it – a luxury driving experience in a Chrysler minivan?! We are Toyota/Honda owners (98 Corolla, 03 Odyssey, 03 Camry, 12 Sienna), so this was a leap of faith to consider something different. But I have to say that our 2018 Pacifica is the best vehicle that we have ever owned. A joy to drive and not a single problem since we purchased this in March.

And I do want to mention that the limited 5.1 inch ground clearance has come into play with the deep drainage ruts in the roads – a gentle scrape. Just need to be mindful to slow down when encountering road dips. No problems so far with speed bumps.

I consider our 2003 Olds Silhouette a luxury vehicle for the era it was built. It has a long wheel base, comfortable leather interior, and is quiet underway.

I recently drove a Pacifica hybrid, and found it an excellent minivan. If Mrs JT want to replace the Olds with another minivan, the Pacifica hybrid is definitely on the list.

Thanks for the info. Have you had any problems hitting things in the road as you pass over them, like bumps or dips, stones, twigs, etc?

The only thing Consumer Reports said bad about the Pacifica is that its expected reliability is questionable based on past Chrysler Corp minivans, nothing bad about the minivan itself.

Question: Is there a floor console between the front two seats? In the space between the seats, or in front of that space? I got spoiled by none in my Montana and now I worry I’ll miss that open space. I’m 6’2" and 300 lbs, and I expect to be doing a lot of long distance driving since I have retired, as I visit friends in other parts of the country where I have lived. I peaked in a Pacifica last Sunday afternoon at a closed dealership, and it looks like there is stuff between the front seats. I’d like to be able to stretch my legs on long drives. And it looked like the gear shift is on the steering column, right, and not in the floor?

Ron

Go to the Chrysler web site and use the build it yourself feature . That will show you 360 degree photos of interior, options and prices. After that you will just have to drive one .

Dunno about Pacifica, but earlier Chrysler minivans had open space between the front seats and a fabric net for stowing odds and ends that could be put into that space or removed in about 10 seconds. Smart.

If I see a speed bump coming I already try to hit it at an angle (besides slowing down).

Consumer Reports said its only concern with the Pacifica is Chrysler’s reliability history with minivans. Otherwise it was a good vehicle. Plus, I just read somewhere that something like 71% of Chrysler’s vehicle sales last year were Pacificas!

I tried that I think with the Cars.com website, and when I clicked on “Inside View” it only showed it from the back with the lift-gate open! No view of the front seats or dashboard, just the storage area.

The gear shift is on the dashboard, like the Odyssey. I don’t remember a center console in the Pacifica I test drove.

We have a Silhouette, and that space between the front sets got filled quickly with maps, sweaters, and whatever else my wife wanted to put there.

The actual Chrysler web site has the 360 views.

Sounds like my 1989 Ford Aerostar.

Do you have an opinion about mud flaps? Desirable? Most of the rust on my 2004 Montana is behind the wheel wells from the salt being kicked up from our New York State roads. My mechanic says, “It’ll happen anyway.” I see it as an option on the 2018 Pacifica.

The dashboard??? Not the steering column? Or even the floor? Do you mean like a push button on the dashboard?

Thanks.

Chrysler.com?

Now I remember. It is on the dash, but the transmission selector is a knob. It’s all electronic so it really doesn’t matter whether it is a lever, buttons, or a knob. I test drove a hybrid. I don’t know if it is different for the non-hybrid.

Yes, there is a center console between the front seats. Differs depending on the trim level. You won’t be able to walk between the front seats easily.

Even if the console was not there it still would not be easy. I can’t imagine not having a console with power outlets and cup holders and a place to put portable GPS unit out of sight.

No need for console. 2007 Town and Country has a path between the front seats you can walk through. A net bag can be placed there or not, and you can still walk through with the net there. A pull-out shelf with two cupholders and room for a phone is in the low center dashboard. Power outlet just to its left. I installed one more power outlet just below it - the knockout is in the dash but our low-trim model had nothing there.

For portable GPS we have a stick-on platform on the dashboard.

I haven’t seen the Pacifica but I think Chrysler has been doing very smart things in the interiors of their earlier vans.

I just read today in the latest Consumer Reports that there is a recall on the Pacifica (and a few other 2017-2018 vehicles by Chrysler) for a cruise control that will not shut off. (You can still get it to disengage by touching the brake.)