2018 Chevrolet 1500 - Ongoing troubles

My 2018 stater went out with about 46000 dam shame my 2000 never was replaced with over 400000 on it. Oh yea the dealt said he had another one with similar miles but yet no recall

Things break and the same items do not all break at the same time element . Why do people think there has to be a Recall on everything on a vehicle ?

2 Likes

Did you check with your cellphone/tablet/PC dealer if there was a recall for the faulty spellcheck on your device?

4 Likes

Stator is spelled with an O, and your truck has several of them, which one went out ?

1 Like

Or did you mean to type “starter” ?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying that besides yours, the dealership shop had another 2018 Chevy 1500 brought to them with a faulty starter?

Does your 1500 use a gear reduction motor? That technology is sometimes used when engine compartment space is a premium, it allows a smaller starter motor. In my experience anyway the gear reduction method isn’t as robust as the direct drive. My 50 year old truck uses direct drive, and has the same starter motor. My 30 year old Corolla on the other hand uses a gear reduction version. It’s on the fourth starter motor.

I think they pretty much all use gear reduction starters nowadays. Saves on weight.

I could be absolutely wrong on that, but it’s been a while since I’ve had to replace one of those big, heavy old school starters.

1 Like