2017 vw golf major misfires flooring it

It would have to vent back to the output side of the MAF to not mess things up. The computer assumes that all air going through the MAF goes through the engine.

1 Like

During deceleration this is not a factor, misfires cannot be detected during engine braking.

2 Likes

Having a large amount of air going through the MAF while the throttle position sensor shows that the throttle is mostly closed won’t generate a fault?

1 Like

When the throttle is closed, air is not being drawn through the MAF. The turbo pressure relief valve normally discharges the induction air into the air cleaner where it will be consumed later.

3 Likes

I know apr recommends new plugs and coils when you get tuned. Plugs are some $8 bosch gapped to .28, saw some people running .24. Im gonna have the bov adapter removed just incase, also think im losing power with it installed anyways as it shoots air out every shift.

Which is EXACTLY what it was designed to do!

2 Likes

You messed with the “Farfegnugen” now you’re just screwed!

2 Likes

Original bov did it much quieter. Talked to shop seems to be coils, guy said they go bad around my mileage 61k.

I screwed with and and paid the price :face_exhaling:

Because the manufacturer wants it quiet, it dumps into the airbox. Because RacerBois like the yirp-yirp-yirp noise it makes at throttle drop, tuner cars dump it to atmosphere.

Ohhhh okay I understand, I’m still learning here. I’m still gonna get it removed and gonna get a better air intake for those sounds.

You will lose those yirp-yirp sounds if you vent to the airbox. You might get more intake roar but unlikely to get more HP.

1 Like

I think max horsepower gain is like 6, which for that money isn’t worth it. Tuning guy told me it should work like the bov adapter when you let go. I’m gonna wait on it though since my car has a maf sensor and I need a specific model intake

Solution found was bad coils, cylinder 1-3.

Glad you got it solved there OP. When a coil fails I always suspect there’s a spark plug problem. Computer detects spark plug is not firing correctly and increases voltage to compensate. Fires better then, but increased voltage can overheat coil eventually. Good idea to check the respective spark plugs, make sure the tip is clean and gap is correct.

Shop said coils haha but doesn’t seem to be the case. Had it towed back to the tuning shop, they are gonna continue checking it out.

1 Like

Update for anyone wondering, don’t buy spark plugs from advanced auto parts, sold me wrong plugs after confirming with me. Makes sense since misfires happen at high throttle. Thanks y’all for the help!

Post needs some clarification. Did you get sold the wrong coils, or the wrong plugs? Or both were the wrong part?

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, got sold the wrong plugs. Didn’t mean to say coils

1 Like