2017 Toyota Camry - TPMS sensor issue

I had my tires replaced and now my low pressure sensor is on and the repair shops is saying that their machine to reset the sensor is down for repair. Are they obligated to get my car fixed somewhere else or do I have to wait?

Sensors fail, and when the sensor is older and they loose all pressure and then aired back up, that can be the straw that broke the camels back… Sensors have battery’s that fail just like any other battery…
Now sometimes Toyotas can be/are hard to reset, rather it be the tool or the vehicle…

Now to your question, No they are not obligated if you were not charged for the reset, but it is the right thing to do if not told about the tool being down… I would have you take it to another shop to see if sensor failure or just needs to be reset at no cost to you… But if it is a failed sensor, then you are responsible for the cost of a new one if the old one was not broken during tire install…

Machine?

I would never go back to this shop.

#1 Be sure the pressure is correct including your spare tire (if it has TPMS). A lot of tire shops will check this for free and many “free air” stations have built in gauges that are fairly accurate. Definitely recommend buying a tire pressure gauge and keeping it in your car; check pressure monthly, in the morning before driving.

#2 You can reset it yourself

I found this in the comment section:

I have 2017 Camry and the button is NOT there. I even searched the info on the Owner’s manual and it says the button is inside the glove compartment. Well, it turned out the button is on the dashboard. The trip/odo button is the button to use. Go to the blank odo and press for 5 second until the light goes away

1 Like

If a tire pressure sensor broke while mounting the new tires, the replacement sensor’s ID number must be registered to the receiver using the diagnostic scan tool.

A reset procedure is not required when replacing a tire. If the tire pressure warning light is flashing for one minute after starting the engine, this indicates a system failure has been detected, likely a sensor failure.

For a 2017 Camry, there is a reset procedure to shut off the dash light; see video above.