2017 Toyota Camry - Many electrical issues

I drive a Toyota Camry LE 2017. So one day I got in my car to go to work and everything was fine nothing unusual. when I got released to lunch I got in my car and tried to start the car and it started but I got all the faults on my display and I couldn’t roll the windows down, so I turned the car off and tried to start it again and it wouldn’t turn at all (no click or anything) but when left in the on switch all the faults still show up and I can’t roll the windows down and I can’t lock the doors from the inside of the car with the button on the driver door or with the remote, I have to actually unlock them by moving the little knob for each door. Also all the lights work normally no dim or delay but radio does not work. I popped the hood and tried to see if I could hear anything and when I turn the key I get a slight hum for a little bit. I thought it might of been the battery but I took it to auto zone and they said it was fine and charged. I put it back in and the car just won’t work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are past your 36/36000 warranty it still might be under your powertrain warranty. Have it towed to your dealer for diagnosis. Much cheaper than guessing and throwing parts at it.

2 Likes

Well my car was a salvage car that I bought from a private dealer and it was my first car so idk what I was really doing and idk how to check on a warranty

A salvage titled vehicle does not have any warranty of any kind now. It is too late now but don’t ever buy a salvage vehicle again . I am afraid that you will always have problems even if you have the current problems repaired. I think your first step would be to have an independent shop make a diagnostic on this thing . Have them check with you before they do any work so you can decide if you want to spend the money.

1 Like

So based on that statement AND the rather young age of the car when this started, I’d say you have a flood damaged car. This is only the start of your problems as electronics don’t like being under water.

Sorry, but you have a long, expensive road ahead of you. Better plan how you are going to get rid of this car before it gets much, much worse.

2 Likes

I suggest you clean the battery connections and posts using a battery post cleaning brush. If that doesn’t clear the issue clean the battery to ground connections. If that doesn’t help then check the voltage getting to panel under the hood. You should have battery voltage there at all times. Somewhere there is a bad connection to power and it should be fairly easy to track it down using good logical troubleshooting procedures.