2017 Nissan Rogue - how do I protect my paint?

After seeing dozens other white Rogues in Florida, how do I protect my 2017 white paint on my Rogue? I have seen these other Rogues in various forms of paint failure and some are really in bad shape. Paint gone, chipped or just gone flat ugly.

A high quality wax is the best protection you can get.Make sure it has UV protection in the formula.I buy a high quality polymer wax for my car and do it twice a year.

Also buy a bottle of automotive touchup paint in the correct color for your car. Touchup every paint chip as soon as you see it. Every one.

Wax on wax off. But if the paint is questionable, it will fail at some point and require new paint.

A car cover would help but beware of cheap, ill-fitting covers. They can do more harm than good by rubbing against the paint.

A portable garage would be even better, if you have room.

Out of the sun as much as possible would help a bit but that falls in line with NYBo’s comment. The sun here in OK cooks a lot of it as I’ve seen 3 or 4 year old cars with the paint oxidizing or flaking no matter the make and model.

The last paint protection I used and trusted was Liquid Glass. Now gone and I can find anything that I really trust.

Al

That is probably the way I will have to go.
Thanks,

Al

I don’t use a car cover, but I do use covers on lawn furniture, my smoker, and my gas grill. These items get a lot of condensation, and can require significant cleaning to remove the gunk that grows on them.

1 Like

Thanks,

Al

Well, something is better than nothing. Lots of decent waxes out there.

Go to the Auto Geek web site and you will find all kinds of stuff to use. Also it seems that a web search for Liquid Glass will bring up something .

1 Like

Will do. Most of the places that use to carry Liquid Glass are sold out and the guys I know that have some won’t part with it.

Al

it looks like Liqui Tech Finish First is the Liquid Glass successor, even bottle looks the same

Thanks, that is the type of product I have been looking for. I know the sun is a killer on paint in the South, but I am looking for any thing that would come close to Liquid Glass.
Thanks,

Al