2017 Kia Sorento - Multiple issues

2017 Kia Sorento EX needs 90,000 mile service, and I think I made need a new battery, the push button start does not work on first try last 2 weeks. I’m worried something is wrong.

If original battery, you are overdue for a replacement. Plus replace key fob batteries.
After that, do your 90,000 mile service, that includes transmission, coolant, and brake fluid, correct? If they have not been done, they too are overdue.
After that, don’t worry, be happy.

1 Like

Thank you, …What about tune up items, like sparkplug replacement?

Also do you recommend that this is done at a dealership or at my trusted mechanic shop?

As far as plugs, check your owners manual, some manufacturers recommend 60,000 miles, some 90,000, some 100,000 miles. My previous car stated 100,000, I did them at 104,000.
Dealer vs independent shop? Depends, do you have a trusted independent shop where you have had previous service performed? I happen to use my dealership-they are honest, no upsells, and competitively price. Some dealerships are bad. If independent shop, make sure they use fluids specified by Kia.
Whichever you choose, chain stores are generally to be avoided.

2 Likes

Suggest to clarify. Does the engine crank — that rrr rrr rrrr sound – but doesn’t catch and run? Or is there no cranking at all?