2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport - Long dealer stay

Yes we have a 2017 Hyundai santa fe sport. the car is using to. Hyundai is not doing a very good job about it. Its very disappointing. The car has been at the dealership for 6 weeks. The car only has only 62,000 on it. It is very concering that theses cars have a 100.000 mile warranty. I would love for any suggestions on this.

Welcome to the community!
I am not sure I understand your question.
Why has your car been at the dealer for six weeks?
Why is the 100,000 mile warranty concerning?

1 Like

I don’t think that any makes of cars have a longer warranty than Hyundai and Kia do.

It is using to… what?
Can you please supply the missing word(s) so that we have some idea as to the problem?

1 Like

You really need to provide at least a small amount of info for any kind of answer.

If it’s been at the dealer for 6 weeks this generally means one of two things.

1. A mind numbing near impossible problem that is very difficult to sort out.
  2. It’s held up because of a back ordered part. In cases like that the dealer has no control over it.

You had a 60,000 or 5 year bumper warranty. that is now over. You have a h10 year , 100,000 powertrain warranty. Are you aving a powertrain issue? You did buy this new didn;t you.

6 week wait for 1 issue? Part is on back order? Car is not useable as is?

So many questions, so few answers…

Most cars would be out of warranty at this point. Would you prefer that?

1 Like

Honda has 50k warranty. Hyundai has to offer extra warranty for sales. Desperate.

Mitsubishi has a similar warranty, now that’s a company that’s desperate.

I thought I recalled that, about a year before they stopped production of the IH Scout, the company began offering a 100k warranty on their turbodiesel engine. A quick Google search confirmed my recollection:

This Defunct American Automaker Had A 100,000 Mile Warranty In 1980 (jalopnik.com)

1 Like