2017 Honda CR-V - Noise

The 2017 Honda CRV has horrible road noise. Has Honda done anything in more recent versions to improve that?

Are you using tires that have poor ratings for noise? Are they near the end of their tread life or worn unevenly?

If it really bothers you, you could have some of that sound-deadening material installed, at the penalty of some extra weight and expense.

Honda tends to be less concerned about noise as compared to Toyota, so perhaps a different make would be better for you.

Are you sure there is nothing wrong with the CRV?

Although this car is pretty new, I overlooked this obvious question in my post above. Various failing parts of the drivetrain could do this, as could a failing wheel bearing.

This is probably just normal road noise but the person asking this question just needs to take a test drive to see if they notice noise in what ever vehicle they are interested in.

Not sure about the 2020 model year which is now arriving at dealers but from a few reviews the EX and higher trims have better sound insulation than the LX trim.

My dad’s 2019 CRV Touring is much quieter than his 2007 CRV EX-L but it really depends on the road.