2017 Chevrolet Express 3500 LT Passenger Van - no crank, no start

No Crank / No Start. Battery fully charged. 2nd time this has happened. Dealership states can’t find anything wrong. They just keep sending me home with same problem. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what was the fix. Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

So how does this go down? You get a no start, the van is towed to the dealer and starts right up? Or how?

Next time, make a video of what you are doing and what happens then have it towed to another Chevy dealer. Yours may be incompetent.

It’s happened twice and both times my van wouldn’t crank or start but the battery is fully charged . Both times I’ve gotten a neighbor to jump me and it starts immediately. I drive it to the dealership where they take it for about an hour and state that they have done a complete diagnostic and everything checks out fine. I’m being told they can’t just change out parts if nothing is showing wrong. I’m still under warranty till September. I really need to get this fixed before my warranty runs out and I’m going on a cross country trip in July.

When you turned the key, did the dash lights come on like it does normally? Does it click when you try to crank the starter?

Jumping the car normally means the battery has run down overnight. Do you park this in a garage and leave the key in it or nearby?

I’d suggest a tow instead of a jump next time it does this. That will show the dealer where to start.

Yes, when I turn the key, the dash lights came on and the head lights were strong not dim. Just like it does normally. Both times, it didn’t click when I tried to crank the starter. A neighbor tested the battery with a multi meter and it showed fully charged. When jump started, it started immediately. The problem isn’t the battery. The key is always kept in the house, away from the van.

Thank you for trying to help me. I appreciate you. :slight_smile:

Mustangman

June 5

When you turned the key, did the dash lights come on like it does normally? Does it click when you try to crank the starter?

Jumping the car normally means the battery has run down overnight. Do you park this in a garage and leave the key in it or nearby?

I’d suggest a tow instead of a jump next time it does this. That will show the dealer where to start.

The next time the engine won’t crank, with the dash lights on, step on brake pedal and shift the transmission into neutral and then try starting the engine.

If the engine starts, it points to a problem with the park/neutral safety switch.

Tester

Okay. I will. Thank you for that information.