2017 BMW 3 Series - Can I rotate these?

Can I rotate no flat tires?

The tires can be rotated if they are all the same size, some cars have wider tires on the rear.

This is a hard question to answer without knowing if you have staggered tires ( different size on front than the rear tires ) . BMW does not recommend rotation but checking with a local tire shop is your best move. Also they are called Run Flat tires .

1 Like

I assume you mean run flat tires. The answer is, “it depends.” If your front and rear tires are different sizes you can’t rotate them front to rear and if they have directional tread you can’t rotate them side to side. If both conditions are true then no, you can’t rotate them at all.

2 Likes

The BMW Owner’s Manual mentions nothing in regard to tire rotation?
Really?

don’t the tires rotate every time you move??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi Elaine30:
The BMW Owner’s manual doesn’t completely help here.
It does depend on if you have different size rims or tires between the front and rear axles.

Rotating wheels between axles
Different wear patterns can occur on the front and rear axles depending on individual driving conditions. The tires can be rotated between the axles to achieve even wear.

Further information is available from a dealer’s service center or another qualified service center or repair shop. After rotating, check the tire pressure and correct, if needed.

Rotating the tires between the axes is not permissible on vehicles with different tire sizes or rim sizes on the front and rear axles.

Changing run-flat tires
For your own safety, only use run-flat tires. No spare tire is available in the case of a flat tire.
A dealer’s service center will be glad to answer additional questions at any time.

1 Like