2016 Subaru Outback - Headrest

the driver head rest is so uncomfortable if my upper back rests on seat my head is bent forward is there an aftermarket or alternate model year the may be less safe but will be more comfortable?

I am not familiar with your vehicle. but any vehicle that I have had you can press the button on the side of the headrest, pull it straight up and out of the seat. maybe try turning it around backwards. but it probably won’t protect your head and neck as much in an accident, but it is better than not having it at all.

The angle of the head restraint is adjustable. Tilt the head restraint all the way forward, the head restraint will then return to the rear position.

1 Like

Thank you. I have done that numerous times always in the hope of a better result. I feel as tho I am being forced to hunch over. I appreciate you answering so quickly. I will keep looking

Note the headrest in the outback be adjusted in both the horizontal and also vertical positions. A dealer might also help. I test cars. Sometimes when I get a car that has headrests that just can’t be made comfortable, I move the seat forward, and then I decline the seatback angle a bit to minimize the misery. I do not suggest this, buuuuut… I do sometimes see vehicles in which the occupant has removed the headrest and turned it backward. Dangerous, but it can hold you over a few days until you sell the car.

I am going to go out on a limb here because I am guessing you drive with the seat upright so you can see over the hood better…right?

If this is how you drive, try adjusting the seatback backwards a little bit and moving the whole seat a little forward so you can touch the steering wheel at the top with your wrist, not just your hand. Then, instead of looking just in front of the car look much farther ahead. I think you’ll find this more comfortable overall, allow better car control and be far more comfortable with the headrest.