2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - BF Service

2016 mercedes C300. Dash displays time for BF service. Only 32000 miles. What should be done and at what cost? Car has had all A and B services as recommended.

1 Like

A Mercedes dealer can answer that for you .

3 Likes

Your owner’s manual might provide that info. If not, and the only info is on the dash display, suggest to post that info here and you’ll get some ideas what’s most important and what might be able to be deferred. Some shops offer what they call a “general inspection” service; they’ll inspect all of your car’s systems, query the computer diagnostics, and provide a list of what’s ok as is, what needs to be done now, and what will need to be done, but later.

1 Like

After you take it to your mechanic or dealership service department, come back and let us know what “BF” service entails.
By the way, 5000 miles per year may well be consider ‘severe service’.

1 Like

No way. A dealer might have that info, shocking just shocking?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s code for “You didn’t spend enough last time.” :wink:

4 Likes

Beware the flush scam. That’s my $0.02. Avoid The Vehicle Fluid Flush Scam - Car Talk

Does the BF stand for the same thing as the BF in BF hammer :question:

3 Likes

No, In this case it means “Bring Full Wallet”

4 Likes

Services Performed:

1. Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement
  2. Oil Filter Replacement
  3. Cabin Dust/Combination Filter Replacement
  4. Brake Fluid Exchange
  5. All Fluid Level Checks & Corrections Are Dependent On Factory-Recommended Service Intervals For Your Vehicle’s Year & Model.
  6. Tire Inflation Check & Correction
  7. Brake Component Inspection
  8. Reset Maintenance Counter

I’m guessing it’s standard oil change/filter replacement plus a brake fluid (BF) change.

https://www.fjmercedes.com/service/mercedes-benz-service-b/

Tester

It’s probably a B service with an F service add on. See the third post in the link below.

Those all seem like sensible routine maintenance scheduled services. Being the worrying type, I’d be a little concerned what exactly is done for the brake fluid in number 4, and I’d want the shop to remove all four wheels for the brake-parts inspection in number 7.

1 Like