2016 Mazda CX-9 - Fading wheels

The wheels on my 2016 Mazda CX-9 are fading. The primer is showing. Lynchburg Mazda refuses to assist in getting the wheels corrected or replaced. My husband is contacting Mazda Corporate for assistance. My vehicle is kept very clean and nice, inside/out, garaged kept, by my husband and myself.

Ho about a picture? You can upload one from your computer.

Don’t expect much help from Mazda. If you use brush type car washes, that alone will wear the wheels paint more than touchless.

There are companies that will paint the wheels for a reasonable cost. You might find one in your area.

3 Likes

Checking around this is a common complaint with these wheels, You’ll probably get a better result having the wheels refinished by a professional yourself. Mazda may offer some goodwill but others who have tried, even when the 3yr,36K warranty was still in effect were denied.

As a follow-on to @Mustangman’s post, you can prep and paint the wheels yourself. Mask the areas you don’t want painted with newspaper and painter’s tape, then use a rattle can with the right color paint. Just a suggestion. That’s what I would do, and I can do it, so can you. If you are interested in trying, we can provide more help.

OP wants new wheels from Mazda.

How have you cared for these wheels so far?