2016 ford fusion s highbeam not working one side

my 2016 ford fusion s has a highbeam out one the left side. i replaced the bulb and it wont work. ive taken the headlamp housing fromt he right side and left swapped them around and lights up one the right but the working side on the right wont work plugged into the left side. could this be a wiring issue or a fuse issue?
ive tried to find the fuse location for the headlights but it only has a single fuse location not multiple for different sides\high low beams.

Look at the bulb connector . . .

Is it blackened?

Are you able to verify high beam power AND ground with a digital multimeter?

1 Like

Good advice. db4690 is referring to the connector attached to the car’s wiring harness.

Beyond that, from what I can tell the headlights are turned on & off by the body module. Each filament has its own transistor. So there are 4 transistors involved: right-hi, right-lo, left-hi, left-lo. It’s possible one of the transistors is kaput. The voltage at the connector test suggested above would be a good test for that.

A faulty ground connection is another possibility. Look for two black/grey wires attached to the light fixture. They should both make a good connection to the chassis at a nearby location.

I didnt see any burn inside the connectors on the houaing or the harness but my harness is one big bundle of wires wrapped tight i dont see individual wires. Where would the transistors be?

do you have a digital multimeter?

Or at least a 12V test light?

1 Like

Suggest to focus on measuring the voltage at the connecter as suggested by @db4690 above.

1 Like