2016 Dodge Grand Caravan - Needs a grab barh

Need to install a safety grab bar on the c pillar for a handicapped passenger Braunability conversion van without setting off airbag

Ok, good to know. Did you have a question?

How do I install a one foot grab-bar vertically on the C pillar without setting off or damaging the air bag? In other words where can holes be drilled through the metal pillar?

You need to contact a shop that does this kind of work . There is no way for anyone to give accurate drilling points without actually seeing the vehicle . Call your local handicap services or maybe even the local rehab centers.

1 Like

Probably the best place to answer that is to talk to the dealer parts guy. They can show you a blowup of the c pillar so you can see where the parts are.

If I were doing it, I would remove all the trim in that location so I could find the airbags and any wiring plus the structural steel you will be drilling into. And you must get into structural steel with fasteners capable of carrying a lot of load.

Don’t think for a second you can just pick a spot on the assembled van and punch a couple of self drilling screws in. You must know what you are drilling into.