2015 Honda Fit issue

^
Okay, @R0cko, but there is another hurdle that you will have to clear in your situation.
The dealership has to do the diagnosis.
If you tell them, “I want that wheel bearing replaced”, and if they don’t agree that it is problematic, then you will have to pay for the repair.

If you want to have a better chance of Honda covering this problem, then you need to get Honda Customer Service (on the corporate level) involved. It is possible that they will direct the dealership to replace the wheel bearing after their regional service representative checks the car.

Damage to wheel bearing caused by driver error is not a warranty issue. Owner told dealer he hit pothole. Dealer cannot find any reason for noise. Dealer will not change bearing under warranty. Owner will not pay for new bearing. 50+ posts? Give it a rest.

@R0cko after all the time and effort being spent on this I’m curious as to why you haven’t just taken the car in and asked for the wheel bearing at that corner to be replaced. At some point, when chasing noises and vibrations, you have to start somewhere and at this point the wheel bearing is the first thing I would go for.

Well while I agree that damage is not part of the warranty, who is to say the wheel bearing is the result of the pot hole? Probably is but still? I had a bearing go out on a new Olds at 20,000 miles. So agree just have the dealer do it and you can argue from there but maybe get the old part back.

As far as the TPMS, what light came on? Does it say low tire, or TPMS not working, or which? If a tire, which tire? Was it the one replaced and could they have damaged the sensor in the process? So its either a faulty sensor or the computer itself which should both be covered under warranty. Our Acura had a problem where the TPMS computer in the trunk would be blocked if we had passengers in the back seat. The dealer never did address the issue by the time we traded so just depends on what problem is being reported and how hard it is to diagnose.

Bing: what do you mean, the computer would be “blocked” ?

The computer was in the trunk and when there were passengers in the back seat on a long drive, intermittently the system would flash the TPMS problem message. So it seemed like having passengers was affecting the signal from the individual tire sensors to the controller. Never happened when no one was in the back seat and didn’t happen all the time. All the dealer offered was to drive around with someone in the back seat to duplicate the condition. I figured I already knew the condition so what’s the point? They weren’t about to replace the controller though without a few trips to the dealer so just dropped it and let the next owner worry about it. So that’s what I meant. Seems like the radio signal was being blocked or interfered with like when your radio signal is blocked driving into the garage.

A different way to approach the issue is to contact your local government. They might pay for damage from a road hazard that they could have fixed but didn’t. I’ve heard that this is done in certain situations. If it doesn’t work, just get the bearing replaced at your cost. Life happens and you need to have this fixed before it leaves you stranded.

The OP has let too much time pass from the pothole incident to file a claim. Usually has to be within 30 days. Otherwise a good idea.

“A different way to approach the issue is to contact your local government. They might pay for damage from a road hazard that they could have fixed but didn’t.”

That approach depends completely upon the actual content of the Tort Claims Act in the OP’s particular state. Yes, you can sue local, county, state, and federal government entities, but in many cases, the Tort Claims Act requires that you file notice with the government agency within a specified time period.

The OP may still be w/in the time limitation in his jurisdiction, or he may have passed it.
He needs to educate himself regarding the actual details for his place or residence, and for which particular division of government maintains the road on which he had his mishap.

Maybe this is a good time for us all to check the tourt claims requirements with respect to road damage in our locales.

Your warranty won’t cover road damage anyway, the dealer appears to be “blowing you off” to prevent a warranty repair, and the problem needs to be corrected. You might want to take it to an independent mechanic, tell him you whacked a pothole, and have him check it out. It’ll be worth it.