2015 Chrysler 200 - stubborn windshield film

Windshields has a film that won’t come off no matter what I do its hard to see at night and if it is rain or snow

I assume you have tried various ammonia based liquid cleaners. Try Bon Ami or Bar Keepers Friend with a sponge, then rinse with a lot of water. This should clean it. We get the same film where I live.

1 Like

Is the film inside or outside? Inside I have had good luck with rubbing alcohol and a squeegee finished up with a clean towel. I the clean it again with a window cleaner. Invisible Glass is my favorite but I am sure there are many good brands.

For the outside, I seem to recall GM dealers having something called Opticlean.

If it’s on the outside, have you tried new wiper blades?
Blades are only good for 3 to 6 months depending on your location whether they get used or not.
I’ve had the best luck with Bosch Icons

I too use Bosch, yet there is something in my area that causes film. Could be from my proximity to both civilian and military airfields. Even get low flying choppers.

For stubborn film on the glass–either inside or out–I think that the best product is cheap, ordinary rubbing alcohol. Just be careful that you don’t let it drip onto the vinyl-covered dashboard.

Try vinegar and crumbled up newspaper.

I started my working like as a detailer for a Chevy dealer, which is where I learned this. Try spraying with your favorite glass cleaner then scrub with 0000 steel wool and follow that with a lint-free towel. Be sure to give it a good polish once dry. May have to repeat until all grime has been removed.

Vicki Depp

vickster9@verizon.net

Replying by email does not work well . Plus it puts your email address there . Just log on to the site as that works better.