2014 tranny service

Thinking about have my local mechanic do this. He’s very good and trust worthy. He did my brakes when I bought the pads from Nissan.

Does anyone know what Is required/done for this so I’m informed and can purchase the right stuff? I vaguely remember something about a gasket, filter etc.

Thank you!

The only thing you left out was, make, model of vehicle?

Tester

Lol… sorry 2014 Nissan Sentra SE

do you not trust your local mechanic to purchase the correct parts?

This is a CVT, right? If so, there seems to be a couple of TSB’s you might want to ask your dealership to print out for you.

AT14-011 NISSAN; NS-3 CVT FLUID SERVICE INFORMATION

AT13-016a CVT FLUID LEVEL CHECK SERVICE INFORMATION

The correct fluid is listed on those.

I guess that would be okay but ya never know.

I doubt anyone but a good dealer is qualified to rebuild a CVT at this time. In fact, my impression is that dealers replace CVTs instead of rebuilding.

edit: sorry, misunderstood.

Rebuild? I’m talking a tranny service guys. Filter gasket replacement etc. I’ve heard on here of getting his done about every 30k miles.

Most mechanics will not warranty work if you bring your own parts. You can ask if the mechanic has different levels of parts but I would just let the mechanic take care of it.

2 Likes

Take it to the dealer. Usually they aren’t that bad as far as cost on tranny service. CVT need special fluid. Too many people say they got their transmissions ruined by the wrong fluid. Not worth the savings.

On A CVT Transmission I will pay a bit extra and have the dealer service it. The risk of wrong fluid ruining it is very high.