2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Starlink problem

My 2014 Subaru Outback is possessed! An incoming text message is “stuck” somewhere in the Starlink system and cannot be detected (been to the dealer for help with this problem twice) or deleted! Here’s what happens: intermittently, I receive an announcement that I have an incoming message yet I cannot respond to the message or cancel it. The announcement continues and continues while I’m madly pushing the screen for it to stop! When I have successfully been able to play the message I get only a one letter message,such as “A”…or “R”…or any letter of the alphabet! This happens almost every time I’m in the car and is beyond annoying. When announcement of this mysterious text message appears, it blacks out the GPS screen, making it impossible to see the map or receive voice commands. My Subaru dealer has factory reset Starlink (to no avail) and assures me that the GPS, radio, messaging services, etc., are all working correctly. Has ANYONE experienced a problem like this…and if so, PLEASE tell me how you corrected it! This insane “you have a new message” continues over and over and over and then just as mysteriously, goes away…that is, until the next time! Beyond annoying!!! Help with this strange but serious problem will be greatly appreciated!

You might have better luck by looking for a Sabaru specific forum or trying a different dealer.

Whenever a dealership is unwilling or unable to resolve a problem for a customer, it is time to “kick it up a notch” by speaking with a manufacturer’s representative. Contact info can be found in your Owner’s Manual.