2014 Nissan Versa Transmission

I have a 2014 Nissan Versa SV. I don’t know much about cars but a few days ago I felt like my car was struggling to go faster. The RPM’s were high and I wasn’t even going fast. It felt like the car was trying to change gears but was getting stuck. I had a mechanic friend drive it around and he noticed the problem I mentioned. He said that it was probably the transmission. I took it to the dealership to get it checked out & to see if it was still under warranty. The dealership said it wasn’t under warranty and that the results were this,

“ROAD TESTED 8 MILES BUT CAN’T DUPLICATE THE LACK OF ACCELERATION AS DESCRIBED, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE TRANSMISSION IS STARTING TO WEAR INTERNALLY AND HAVE JUDDER. TECH DID CONFIRM CHECK ENGINE IS CAUSED BY A DIFFERENT PROBLEM, P0302 CYLINDER 2 IS MISFIRING MAINLY AT COLD STARTUP CAUSED BY LEAKING INJECTORS TECH RECOMMENDS ALL 8 DUE TO THE MILES BUT CUSTOMER CAN PURCHASE ONLY 2 FOR THAT CYLINDER ON THIS ONE TIME REPAIR.”

Could this really be the problem? Could this hinder my acceleration? I’ve read that a lot of people have had issues with the transmission on their Nissan Versa cars and that the dealerships don’t want to help or say that it’s something else. This problem just started and I just want to get my car back to normal :confused: Any advice?

4 cylinder engine, 25% of your cylinders acting up, yeah this could be an issue.

But these cars have poor CVT automatic transmissions. For a 2014 car, I’d guess you have 60,000 miles on it at least. (you didn’t tell us) If you haven’t changed the fluid in the transmission, do it NOW! It might fix your problem, it might be too late. Change it every 30,000 miles.

2 Likes

as a former owner of 3 nissans where CVT failed, I sign under every word here

1 Like

Tech recommends replacing all 8 what? You only have a 4 cylinder engine.

Most direct injection engines have two injectors per cylinder, one for the cylinder and a second in the intake port.

Thanks, didn’t know that, technology moves much faster than an old man can keep up with. Are they doing that so some gas can clean the intake valve?

Yes a bad set of injectors can cause issues with acceleration. But you would think the shop would be able to reproduce this issue. Unless you are getting the problem when trying to accelerate hard and the shop did not push the car that hard. However if you are getting the code you should replace those injectors and see if it solves the issue. As far as the transmission goes I dont know much about CVT except how they work in principle. But mustangman’s suggestion sounds like a good idea.

Well, some do. Toyota mainly, I didn’t know Nissan did too.