2014 Nissan Altima tire rotation pattern

The owners manual says tires should be rotated FL to BL, FR to BR, and BL to FL, BR to FR. (No crossing over!?!)
Shouldn’t each tire spend a few miles on each position?

It might be possible that the highly skilled people who built the vehicle and had the manual written should be the final authority .

4 Likes

Perhaps the OEM tires are directional, in which case this would be the only possible rotation pattern.

I always just rotate front to back. Then I don’t have to worry about problems with the tire rotating in the opposite direction and its much easier to keep track of which tire is which. I just had a nail puncture repaired this morning on the RR. After rotation it’ll either be on the RF or the RR no matter and I’ll always know which tire it is. Works for me for the past 40 years.

Agree! My Toyota says front to back and I have been doing that for the last 11 years.

THEE most important thing about tire rotation is that it be done regularly. The pattern isn’t nearly as important - and, Yes!, it would be better for tire to see all 4 positions, but only slightly better.

Also, it’s been my experience that owners manuals don’t get updated very often and tend to contain yesterday’s news. That’s the case here - and the advise is decades behind the times.