2014 Mazda 3 Bumper Dent

Is that a young Bill Pullman . . . ?!

From the movie Space balls circa 1987

I haven’t seen that movie in a long time

Does that movie also have Rick Moranis . . . ?

If so, I’m not generally a fan of that actor’s movies . . . with a few exceptions

It does. And Joan Rivers, and John Candy. :wink:

Hey OP, another option would be to try to find a replacement bumper assembly at a junk yard. Get the whole bumper, not just the cover, because it’s a lot easier to install it as a unit rather than swapping the new cover over to your bumper. If your car is equipped with parking sensors that might make it a little more complicated, but otherwise it’d be a cheap(er) way to fix it without having to have body skills.

Hopefully you upgraded the wiring, not just the fuse.

I don’t know if the electrician ran new stuff or not. It was done when we remodeled the kitchen and had to redo all the electric.

Not to continue un-car related but normally kitchens and baths are 20 amp circuits. The next step would be 30 amp which I only need in the garage for the welder. Our guy though evidently (although I haven’t totally tracked it down) ran a wire from GFCI in the master bath to the other upstairs bath. It only surfaced as a problem when both the wife and DIL had the humongous hair driers going at the same time. No way to run a new circuit without tearing the house apart. Most other circuits that I could tap into are the standard 15 amp. Then I ask myself why I would go to all that mess and expense when all I have to do is post a hair drier usage schedule. They can’t visit anymore anyway.

Our comforting upgrade was the gfci, and outlets every 6 feet in the kitchen, weird code was a separate switch for the dishwasher, so we have a bank of 3 switches, one for over sink light, 1 for dishwasher and 1 for garbage disposal. After GFCI for outdoor outlet was put in block heater for car would occasionally trip it off.

Never heard of a dishwasher switch, but I don’t exactly follow the codes. The DW has it’s own switch. Lightning will trip those GFCIs too.

Me either but I have one, I asked why, so you can turn off the dishwasher if it needs work on it. Someone wrote that code with the best intentions I am sure. They are not labeled, so who would know. As far as cars go, trying to keep it a little car related, our rav4 is push start button, say I left a window or moonroof open, no accessory only, push the button start the car then turn it off, A long way from a bumper dent, sorry if the op is not amused, but in the vein of click and clack they had trouble staying on topic also. Thanks for your patience. I know when it happens to my posts I smile, enjoy the reads and let it go.

1 Like

The Acura is push button too and there is supposed to be an accessory mode but I have yet to find it. Push the button without pushing the brake and nothing happens. Push the button with the brake and it starts. No big deal I guess. 'Spose I could re-read the manual but what for? Only thing is I’m thinking of replacing the battery and the acc outlet is dead when the car is off so can’t keep the memory alive. On the other one I ended up using the battery charger on the cables for the minute or two it took to swap batteries.

I’m trying to remember but seems to me I shut the breaker off for the DW when the guy installed it. It is hard wired so suppose it makes some sense to have a switch. Now of course the thing with switches is that it only interrupts the hot wire, not the neutral or ground and in the box, the neutral and ground are connected on the same bus. Just doesn’t make me feel comfortable like working on a light fixture with just the switch off. If I ever see my nephew the electrician again I’ll have to ask him. Another reason I don’t like conduit. Got nothing to do with getting shocked as a kid on conduit in the neighbors garage-not.

Soon, @bing, very soon. The first wave of vaccinations for critical care workers in hospitals is supposed to be 90% done by the end of this week in MD. I’m sure that MN will be about the same. The 90% is certain since the vaccine is already here. Pretty soon ornery old farts like you and me will get vaccinated and then it will be their turn.

There are a lot of videos on Youtube of that type of repair. If it doesn’t work out, you have little to lose.

Off topic, but I wanted to let everyone know that I’ve already received my first dose of the COVID vaccine (from Pfizer) on 12/18/2020. I’m happy to report that the injection itself hurt far less than a flu or TDAP injection (frankly I barely felt it). No side effects experienced by me day of or since other than a very slightly sore arm on the next day, but it wasn’t sore enough to bother with any medicine to treat it. And this has been consistent from what I’ve heard from my friends here at the hospital who have also received the vaccine.

Hopefully this helps to assuage some concerns if anyone had any about the vaccine. Feel free to respond or send me a message directly if you have any further questions

1 Like

I hope you get the second dose in a timely fashion.

1 Like

January 8th :slight_smile:

1 Like

Son got his last Monday. Kinda a little early for determining long term effects though. Can’t keep going like this though or everyone will be broke or nuts. I just don’t trust much of whatever Billy is a part of. Like Malinda said, “I just don’t think we thought much about the economic effect”. Duh. Translate we just didn’t think about the little people.

So hopefully you won’t turn green or grow a third arm or anything and you don’t have to worry about getting pregnant. Of course if it’s that bad we’ll never know here. You’ll just fade away.

Gotta get ready for church. First service since March. Um, in the parking lot. Tune to FM. Wave but keep your windows shut. Scared to death. Parking lot attendants will enforce same (Sheriff is a member).

1 Like

I suspect folks who aren’t over 75, healthcare, first responders or essential workers will be dead last . . . no pun intended . . . as far as getting the vaccine(s) goes

I’m not over 75, healthcare, first responder or an essential worker . . . apparently that means grocery workers

So I suspect I won’t get a vaccine until april or may . . . maybe even later than that

Don’t get me wrong . . . I do feel happy for those who’re getting the vaccine this month :smiley:

But I’m still bummed out that I probably won’t get it for several more months :frowning_face:

I’m hoping that I have some immunity for several months from having contracted and largely recovered from the virus.

Apparently, you do have some

But from what I hear, it’s less protection, versus getting one of the recently approved vaccines

I hope you get a vaccine soon

As for me, for various reasons, I believe I’m dead last on the list . . . I don’t think I’ll get the vaccine until May or June, maybe even later.

In the meantime, I’ll just continue being as safe as I can :smiley:

3 Likes