2014 Honda CR-V - Can I use this fluid?

Have a 2014 Honda CR-V and cannot find Honda transmission fluid nearby. Can I use Dexron or other brand instead?

I wouldn’t. Honda’s are known for being picky about fluids, particularly ATF. Can you order it through Honda’s website or from a local dealership?

2 Likes

Honda says you can use Dexron III in a pinch as a temporary replacement. Presumably you’d need to have all the fluid replaced soon. Cheaper IMHO to just find Honda fluid. https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/AC0606/AC0606O00211A.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjfyozapazpAhVMIKwKHWqQAdoQFjAGegQIDRAJ&usg=AOvVaw3n3heRPAezEklV52Pmd4Rk

2 Likes

Why not just order it online? Amazon has it. And your local dealer will too.

1 Like

I’d only use Honda fluid, their trannys are troublesome without it (and sometimes with it).

2 Likes

Here’s another vote to stick with Honda transmission (and differential) fluid.

2 Likes

Me too. I used Honda ATF for my 2005 Accord EX V6. The transmission was in superb condition when I sold it with about 180,000 miles on it. It was a trade in on the Accord I drive now. The used car manager was surprised that the engine and transmission ran so well at that mileage. I changed the ATF at 30,000 to 40,000 mile intervals.

Emphatically no! Just get Honda fluid at the dealer.

2 Likes