2014 Chevrolet Malibu - Codes

I drive a 2014 chevy malibu. cel came on. Car would idle as i was driving and it wouod stall out. Took it to autozone to have it scanned. Was told the MAF sensor needed to be replaced. Tried to clean it first, nothing. So bought a new sensor replaced it. Cel stayed on. But car was running better. About 2 weeks later a code "service power steering. Drive safe. " popped up. And the car would idle. And it would pop up every so often. Took it in again to have it scanned. And this time I had 5 different codes. Maf sensor was still coming up on top of system to lean and I believe something about a throttle body. Not sure i can’t remember. Was told I could have a leak in a hose but I haven’t found one. And I haven’t replaced it yet. Not sure if it’s even the hose. But I need help. I don’t know what else to do.

First if all, when you get codes from a scanner, it is never, ever diagnosing what is wrong with your vehicle. The codes are to help you or your tech make a proper diagnosis. Over and over again on this forum you will correctly hear to never replace a part due to a code or by what an Autozone employee says. The best thing to do is to either bring the vehicle to a trained mechanic so he can interpret the codes and inspect the affected components, make a correct diagnosis and repair. Or you can go to Autozone and have them retrieve the codes only, and post them all here in the format of Pxxxx. For example P0300. Then you can get help here by letting us help you to interpret what these codes actually mean. We can not see or physically inspect things but can probably get you going in the right direction.

If the battery has not been replaced yet, it could be behind a lot of electric-related problems. You want a healthy battery with firm connections.

1 Like