2013 Volkswagen Jetta - Flashing CEL

My 2013 VW Jetta GLI suddenly out of the blue today started flashing the Check Engine Light and was hesitating when accelerating from a stop. I pulled over and had it towed to the dealership. Have to wait a day for the diagnostics.

Sorry to hear that but you did the right thing. You stopped and had it towed. The flashing check engine light is bad news. It means if, you don’t stop NOW, very expensive things are going to happen.

You stopped and towed. I sincerely hope it is something cheap and simple to fix! Good Luck!

Circle back and tell us more when the shop has a look. Thanks

Thank you Mustangman :slight_smile:

I just heard from the dealer that it was an ignition coil. Best news is that it’s covered on my extended warranty. I was praying it wasn’t something worse. From what I’ve been reading, there have been many people who’ve had the same symtoms as my car but have had a much worse outcome. Thank you again! Your kind response was appreciated.

1 Like

The dealer just informed me that it was an ignition coil. Best news is that it’s covered on my extended warranty. I am thankful it wasn’t something worse. There have been many people whose vehicle had the same symtoms as mine but had a much worse outcome.

Thanks. Nice to hear the ending, particularly a happy one.

VWs and ignition coils, a common problem. Good it’s covered, and easy to fix. Once one fails, others may also. But now you know what to do.