2013 Toyota Corolla Not Starting

Alright. Yeah it was couple hours ago. But nothing like what @shanonia said. Thoughts?

Try it normally at first… and if no go… then employ what @shanonia suggests… its a valid thing to employ… we wont get into the whys of all that now

Do not crank it for maore than 5 seconds at a time, maybe up to 10, get some jumper cables or a charger, I tried every 20 minutes and it was 2.5 hours at least, if you want to try it. If you are comfortable pulling plugs pull one and see if it is soaked in gas.

1 Like

This has happened to me with my 09’ Corolla plenty of times - always after moving the vehicle a very short distance.

Try flooring the gas when you are starting the vehicle. This works for me every time!

1 Like

Thanks for all the help guys! And @Laureng9977_150883 it’s good to know you have the same issue from time to time.

Took all your advice and went to crank it. Started up on the second crank and drove it around! Hoping that was the only issue with it. I’ll update if anything else happens. Thank you guys SO much. I’m glad it is nothing more serious😅

3 Likes

Interesting. I’ve owned my '09 Corolla since fall of 2011 and I’ve never had that problem.

If you and any other drivers know what to do, that can be enough.

The symptom suggests a too-rich condition, possibly from a leaking fuel injector. Putting a can of fuel system cleaner with Techron into the gas might help and would do no harm. Some do this once a year anyway.

I have a 2013 Corolla with 95k miles on it. In the past 6 years there have been 4 times that the engine would turn over but not start. The only way I was able to get the car running was to press the gas pedal all the way down. Once it started I am able to shut the car off and start again with out any issues. Because this happens so infrequently it hard to get a diagnosis. I do know that it always was first thing in the morning.

My early 90’s Corolla developed a weird symptom that I only recently discovered the likely cause. Started ok, but noticeable cloud of grey smoke out the tailpipe , but only lasts about 30 seconds, and only after first starting, worse on cold starts. Problem turned out to the be evap purge valve. It is supposed to be closed during cranking, and when coolant is cold, but it was faulty and stuck slightly open.

@m4d48_187290 … for best help here, suggest to create a new thread for your car. Click “maint/rep” upper left this page, then “new topic” upper right.