2013 ford escape 1.6 ecoboost blown engine replacement

Is it better to accept new motor or push for new vehicle. this one is 7 months, 28,000 kilometers?

I doubt they will give you a new vehicle. Why did the motor blow? What were the circumstances?

You probably don’t have a choice. It’s Ford’s decision, not the dealer’s, assuming it is warranty work. If there are problems associated with the replacement, you could wangle a new car using the lemon law in your state. Become familiar with it and make sure you do everything required of you to get the replacement. Do a web search for lemon law and your state to see the requirements.

Accept the new motor and be happy about it! If you want a new vehicle you will have to put up some money for it. If Ford will come up with a deal for trading in your defective car for a new one and you only have to put in another $1,500 or so that might be a good deal worth considering.

Unless there’s something wrong with the rest of the car, a new engine will fix the problem, and that’s all you need.

You are not going to get a new car…But before you “sign off” on the repair, drive the car for a week to be sure all is well…Also, insist on a FACTORY new replacement engine, not a local rebuild…

The big questions for me is if this engine blew due to lack of oil and if so, the reason for the lack of oil.

Their obligation is to repair the car, your obligation is to accept it. While an engine is a major item, it in no way impacts the rest of the vehicle.

The unknown here is whether or not this engine blew up due to owner neglect or error caused by an outside source oil change. If so, the OP should consider themselves lucky for any gift.

If it was due to an engine defect or the dealer botched an oil change then the only thing the OP is entitled to is a new engine; not a new car.

At one time, I owned a 1990 Ford Aerostar that I bought from a used car dealer. The Aerostar had some miles left on the warranty when the engine started running poorly. The Ford dealer discovered that the engine had a cracked cylinder head and coolant had gotten into one of the cylinders. The cylinder wall was scarred, so the engine was replaced with no questions asked and at no cost to me. I was delighted and there were no problems with the vehicle running with a replacement engine.

While it sucks to need a new engine on a brand new car this is what the warranty is for. They will put in a new engine from Ford and then you should be fine. If you have multiple failures then Lemon Laws start coming into play

Friends new car overheated on trip home from dealer. About 20miles. Blew headgasket. Fixed head, all was well. He sold car in 2yrs and didn’t give a dang about new motor or whatever to fix it.

The OP needs to actually READ the warranty that comes with the vehicle.
While the exact wording will vary somewhat from mfr to mfr, the fact remains that the warranty calls for repair or replacement of defective parts. Nowhere does it state that the buyer is entitled to a new vehicle.

The OP can “push” for a new vehicle as much as he/she wants, but this effort will be…time-consuming…and, in the long run…frustratingly unsuccessful. Why waste time and effort on something that is not even vaguely possible?

And, even if there is a Lemon Law in the state (or, more likely, country) where the OP resides, these laws typically call for a replacement vehicle only if a specific defect cannot be repaired after 3 attempts. It sounds to me like one visit to the dealership will result in a new engine, albeit after a delay of several days.

I would “push” for a free loaner car while awaiting the installation of the new engine, but, other than that perk, the OP is entitled to nothing more than what every new car warranty calls for, namely repair/replacement of the defective part.

The reason for the engine’s demise has still not been stated but if it’s due to owner neglect or another shop’s error then it’s not a warrantable offense…

The best example I can remember is the lady who bought a brand new, optioned out to the max Subaru from us and accused us of trying to rip her off on the price of her first oil change; which was about the 7k miles mark and was about 40-50 dollars which included the extras.

She went to a quick lube, the filter was not tightened, and she never made it home before blowing the engine up. It was towed to us seized up and not worth rebuilding.
She flat would not believe that warranty denied her on this (as it should be) and she also cursed SOA a blue streak when they told her the same thing; take it back to the guys who botched the job because the problem is not a manufacturing defect.

I’m not saying neglect or error is the cause in the OP’s case; just that none of the story has been presented and in the vast majority of premature engine failures there’s a lack of lubricant issue.

If it’s possible to accept the non turbo motor, do it ! IMHO, this will be more common place over time with the turbo model.

Blown engines on new cars sometimes happen. My dad had a friend and colleague who purchased a new Oldsmobile 98 back in 1951. The first weekend he had the car, the engine blew. The engine was replaced under warranty.

" Blown engine on new cars sometimes happen… " ? Hmmmm. Twice in 62 years . ;= ) (couldn’t resist)