2012 Impala Police Package

Left Rear Tail Light Assembly. Need advice on purchase.

Is this part integral to the unibody structure?

Rock Auto offers several
Is CAPA (available at Rock Auto.com) as good as OEM (GMPartsOutlet.net.)?

OEM is twice the price.

The CAPA Certified indicates: “Improved, sealed design adjusting mechanism that keeps gears lubricated, clean, and protected from dirt and grease from the road.”

The OEM says: “Built-in adjustors provide ability to aim lamps.”

Even Walmart sells them!

Ad

Gears in a tail light assm. ? Adjusters to aim tail lights ? Are you going to do this yourself ? If not then just let the body shop put what ever in they will warranty.

1 Like

I never heard of aiming tail lights. Make sure this isn’t a headlight assembly from GM.

1 Like

Yeah 8 too am puzzled by the description. There should be a decent selection at a junk yard. Now I ordered emplacement mirrors from rock auto, the Ty’s brand, and they were exact replacements for the original. Can’t vouch fir other parts or brands.

The Oem with the adjustable aim was definitley on the GMPartsOutlet.net site. for the rear tail light. Maybe a typo. I’ll check in my trunk and/or call them.

I might like to be able to do this myself. Should be a simple install.

That is funny…

NO, they are not self adjusting, the description you read about them was a generic description of the company’s taillamps as well as their headlamps of ALL vehicle manufactures that the company makes head/taillamps for…

You have 3 or 4 simple nuts, probable big wing & hex plastic nuts that hold the taillamps in, you might have to move the carpet type cover out of they way 1st… It is a pretty simple job…

This is the part you need…
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1390233&cc=1505649&pt=807&jsn=637

2 Likes