2012 Honda Civic AC question

Okay, this is exactly how I fixed mine. I took it to a certified automotive AC facility. Told them the symptoms, they repaired it.

1 Like

Where do you live, Bogdan? Are you in a part of the world that’s experiencing record high temperatures recently?
No one is holding back information from you. The info is there but you’re not listening or paying attention. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum with lots of experience, listen to what they’re trying to tell you.
It may be you’re trying to fix what ain’t broke and the senseless way you’re approaching the “problem” it will be broke after it gets done with you.
BTW, your friend must be a very good friend who lends you a brand new set of refrigerant manifold gauges with the clear plastic lens protectors still on the dials.

1 Like

I went to shop I told them the problem, they tell me, they can’t help me because I know too much and they can’t tell the BS

Then go to a different shop, do not bore them with whatever subject of which you have too much knowledge.
Do not try, as you indicated, to BS them with your knowledge.

I must admit I have never heard or seen a statement like that .

But it’s true story, I believe you everybody wants get any money and try anything to get them convinced the customer how they are good and knowing what they doing , he let me go, no questions???

When we talk I mention Honda has a problem faulty compressor it’s expensive I said $300-$400 he said $500 plus taxes .

The HVAC system needs to be diagnosed then repaired. Directing a shop to through random parts at a problem may well be much more expensive.

Would you direct a surgeon to perform a procedure with out having a diagnosis?

1 Like

I talk to Honda they want $150 for diagnostic, I talk other garage they ask $65 , they are busy have to make a appointment

Normally fee, The independent shop might waive the fee if they perform the repairs.

They lied. You only know enough to cause bigger problems and become a nuisance to them. They didn’t want your business, they just wanted you to go away.

6 Likes

I you are right nobody like only they want to talk and you listen

Bogdan , there are now 73 posts to this thread and you still can’t accept the fact that the highly qualified mechanics here are certain that you have no business trying to solve this airconditioner problem . If you are not willing to just let a good shop do what needs to be done then this Fprum can’t help you . I also wonder if English is not your primary language.

Airconditioner work just does not fall under the Do It Yourself catagory .

4 Likes

Is not bad a lot of knowledge which help to do other things. I fix home A/C, went down I tough a/c is gone and I fixed for $100