2012 Honda Civic AC question

Bogdan, try cleaning the condenser, radiator like thing that sits in front of the engine radiator. It could be it is filled up with bugs, bits and pieces of leaves, grass, hay, pollen floating around on the air and splashed mud can dry and clog the airways. Give it a good flush with a garden hose and/or air. You’ll be surprised at all the crap that flushes out. This is advice to all readers here. It could be the reason the high side is high and adding or reducing freon has little effect.
Be very careful to shoot straight into the fins so you don’t bend them over with the air/water flow. Be thorough, shoot straight and see if this doesn’t help.
Also speaking of clogs, 2012’s have cabin air filters. When was the last times yours was changed.
Czesc

What I try to do is to change the dryer.

Why are you changing the dryer? Do you have a vacuum pump? Your gauges look nominally normal but there are charts that show what pressures should be in relation to ambient temperature.
You need to clean out the condenser first and while you’re doing that see if the press drops. Clean or change the cabin air filter to make sure you have the correct air flow. Run the ac in recirculate mode and check the temp differential between the air going into the ac and the temp of the air coming out. After it’s been running awhile at rpm the difference should be about 25F.

You need more than a set of gauges to work on an ac sys. To disassemble an ac sys you need to have a vacuum pump and experience or I guarantee you you will do more damage than good

The dryer could be dirty, the people before me I don’t what they have done? Look they have a problem and they sell the car.

The damage is done already, what I try to do to fix the problem.

Change the dryer is not going damage anything only can help the system to run better more efficient !!!

If you take apart the ac sys without the proper equipment and a complete understanding of how this all works and the steps involved the greatest damage is going to be by your hands, I kid you not.
It may take thousand/s of dollars to fix the damage. Blow the dirt and debris out of your condenser, change the cabin air filter, take care of the easiest and cheapest things first. Most times that’s all it takes. Anymore than that I recommend you take it to a shop.

1 Like

If you take to A/C shop they don’t know, they are guessing!

yeah that’s definitely not true…of a shop anyway. It’s clear that it’s true for you, though.

1 Like

What do you call what you’re doing?

2 Likes

I am going to bow out of this discussion. I’ve asked some basic questions repeatedly and got no answers.

A new drier is not going to fix anything and it’s off base to claim that a shop does not know what they are doing. Maybe in some cases but not all by a long shot.

Back in the 80s and even into the 90s it was common for A/C units to be installed at the dealer; especially on the so-called foreign branded vehicles. I’ve installed more A/C units in Subarus, Hondas, Nissans, and even a few VWs than I can remember and the OP says that I don’t make sense?
Best of luck but this is only going to get worse.

Okay so what the best solution , dryer , valve and compressor???

Best solution ? Stop messing around and put it in a real AC shop.

1 Like

You don’t know?

AC pressure gauge readings — Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice | Automotive Repair Tips and How-To

I love this, no one tells how they fix any A/C,only how to fix that is nothing to me if know I will share with others.

you have been given good, and to begin with, inexpensive advice. Start cheap and easy. Start here:

Beyond that, there is no single answer that fixes every single a/c issue that could possibly happen, except for: Replace everything. Compressor, clutch, evaporator, condenser, drier/accumulator, sensors, hoses, controls, electrics, blower, piping, blend doors, etc, etc, etc.
If you didn’t like the answer one shop gave you, find another and get a second opinion and compare.
but, as has been said, if you continue to try to repair yourself and don’t know what you are doing, you could seriously endanger yourself. Never mind, the legal ramifications of your community in regards to releasing refrigerant into the atmosphere.
good luck, and please be careful.

1 Like

That’s because we don’t try to fix our own A/C, except for the very few people with the appropriate knowledge and equipment. Haven’t you been listening?

4 Likes