2012 Ford F-150- fast flashing turn signal

I have a right side turn signal that has been flashing rapidly for over three weeks now.
I have switched bulbs from right side to left side with no change. Even replaced the two rear bulbs with new ones, no change.
I assume it is a bad ground somewhere but can not find anything wrong yet.
Thanks in advance

I have read on a ford forum that there is 2 rear bulbs on each side. one might be a little hidden. but if you change all four bulbs it has fixed the problem for others with this problem. also if the bulb socket looks burnt up it might need to be replaced.

Thank you for your response. I don’t have a clue as to how the right side rapid flasher would control the left side.
I bought two new bulbs and put them in to replace the originals but still had the rapid flash.
Clearly I don’t get it, but thanks again.

yes usually the front and back on the same side would effect each other. it does not make sense to me either. but just wanted to report what I had read on a ford forum that helped others with the same problem. also IF the bulb socket is burnt it might not make a good connection and cause the problem.
good luck.

The sockets do show a little bit of brown on them but not to the extent of a lot of heat.
I tried to remove the sockets the other day but couldn’t get them separate. Didn’t want to break anything so I gave up on it.

Is the right front turn signal working?

Right front is working but like the rear, it also is hyperflashing.

You said that you changed the rear bulbs but did you also change the front if not it may be on the way out causing the problem or it might be the flasher unit is getting weak’

Did not change the front bulb.

Try that I have had the same problem over the years and it was always one or a combination or all of the above.

1 Like

I will replace the front one. Do I need to replace all four on the rear or just the two on the right side?
I’m guessing the front as well as the rears since there is a fuse for the right side and another for the left side.

Just on the side with the problem and also clean out the socket.

Thanks, will do.

another thought… do you have directional lights in your side mirrors? if thats out it could cause the problem too

1 Like

another thought… do you have directional lights in your side mirrors? if thats out it could cause the problem too

Good idea I never thought about that as I never had factory mirrors with lights in them.

Be sure to use the correct bulbs, some systems will give the bulb out alert (fast flash) if the bulb resistance is incorrect. The manual shows 3057K for the rear and 3157NA for the front. 3057 and 3157 look alike but have different filaments and resistance.

My directionals in the mirror is flashing. Fast just as the others.

I have seen some videos of f-150’s having the same problem for months. the said when they scanned for codes it tripped a fault in the body control module. they said when they cleared the codes the hyper flashing stopped. not sure if it will work but if everything else fails its worth a shot.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 10:08 PM, Larry Alkirealke4346@yahoo.com wrote: Thanks. I’ll make sure to get the correct ones.

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 10:06 PM, Larry Alkirealke4346@yahoo.com wrote: My directionals in the mirror is flashing. Fast just as the others.

Renegade
July 2 |

[quote=“weekend-warrior, post:15, topic:177799, full:true”]
[/quo

Good idea I never thought about that as I never had factory mirrors with lights in them.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

That’s good to know.