2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe - how do I get help from the manufacturer?

Triedaq, I think you’ve put your finger on it.

In more than a half century of buying cars, every one used, I’ve come in recent years to believe the best place to buy them is at new car dealers. If the car will come back to embarrass the dealer, he won’t put it on his lot.

The two most reliable cars I’ve owned were the only two I ever bought at new car dealerships. It’s that, or the fact they were Toyotas, that made them so trouble-free.

1 Like

Not doubting you, but am wondering about the first owner(s). Did you review a Carfax report before buying the car?

Last car I bought, with 75000 miles, had a Carfax report showing an oil change at the dealership every 5000 miles. (Am guessing owner was female, depended on the car for work and children hauling, and taking no chances.) Over three years and 10000 miles later, engine (and rest of car) is perfect.

1 Like

Vehicle cared for or vehicle not cared for is not gender specific .

1 Like

Well, maybe. It seems to be more true the last decade or so, with teenage boys more interested in computer games than cars (sob), but it seems clear that males knew/know more about car maintenance than females. Like we generally know more about football and hunting, and females generally know more about sewing and cooking.

Generally is the key word, of course.

1 Like