2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class oil leak

Bluetec with about 80,000 miles. Recently had the oil cooler resealed at the dealer to stop oil leaks. Now it’s leaking badly again, engine oil, and we can’t seem to find the source of the leak. It drips slightly left of center up front and directly below the very front of the engine. When the Oil cooler leaded, it was all in the back. We have pulled the bottom shields off to help us zero in on the source of the leak, but it is still a mystery. Could it be the Cooler again?

No way to tell without looking at it. Is it the same general area as before?

No it’s not. Before replacing the seals on the Oil Cooler the leak was in the back of the engine. Now the leak is coming down in front and slightly off center to the driver’s side. The back is completely dry and clean. We even tried to use a camera probe to find the leak, but to no avail. Our last attempt has caused us to use stop leak on it. Now we shall see if that helps at all.

Damn, I love this car and am so disappointed in this leaking issue. I’ve only had the car a year, but it’s my 6th Mercedes Diesel with those starting back in 1979 and the latest was a 1984. 240Ds and 300SDs, in that order.

Thanks,

Doug