2011 Ford Fusion won’t stop after short trips

About 18 months ago, I started to have a problem with my car starting. If I run a few errands with stops during which I turn off the car, the third or fourth time I try to start the car, it doesn’t start. There is no cranking, the light on the dash come on, but no chiming, etc.

About a half hour or hour later, the care will then start.

I have taken the car to the Ford dealer, and nothing was found wrong. No warning lights come on, no codes found. They say without it happening they can’t find anything.

I also took to a private garage, and they couldn’t find anything.

It seems the hot weather has made this problem more frequent, but it happens in hot and cold weather.

I try to minimize the problem by letting the car run if I have to run into the pizza shop or some other place which I know will be quick. I realize this is not the smartest thing to do !

Help !

Chet\

If the dealer or shop can work with you, stop there on your rounds as often as you can. If you get a no start at the shop they need to diagnose it quickly in failure mode. We did this with a vehicle after it was towed to the dealer twice, and started right up.

The next time the engine won’t start, with the dash lights on, step on the brake pedal and place the transmission into neutral and then try starting the engine.

If the engine starts, it points to a problem with the park-neutral/transmission range switch.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2011,fusion,3.0l+v6,3015243,electrical-switch+&+relay,neutral+safety+switch+/+range+sensor,4584

Tester