2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid AC stopped blowing out any air

Not too long ago (maybe 2-3 weeks) the AC in my car stopped blowing out any air, hot or cold. A couple of days ago while overheating in my car, I went to turn the AC on praying it would work, and by some dumb luck it turned on, blowing out cold air (hot when/if I turned the heat up). Now flash forward to today, my AC decided to once again stop working even though it was working fine this morning. There is nothing I can think of that would cause this to happen. The AC was on for a second and then could hear it turn off/power down. Any idea on what the issue could be?

I am not sure if your car has a variable resistor for fan speed but if it blows on high, and does not blow on other speeds that would be something to look at.

I tried to tinker with the speed and nothing happened, still stays off. Temperature doesn’t affect it either. The fan doesn’t blow any air at all

One thing that can cause your problem is a worn out blower motor.

To find out, turn the ignition switch on so the dash lights come on.

Turn the blower speed to high.

Reach under the passenger side of the dash, and with the handle of a screwdriver rap on the blower motor.

If the blower motor starts to function, replace the blower motor.

Tester

Gave that a try and sure as shootin it worked. So you figure replacing the blower motor will fix the issue? How expensive of a fix?

Thanks so much for the help, really appreciate it!

Enter your information here, https://repairpal.com/estimator and It’ll give you some idea how much you’ll pay to have the blower motor replaced.

Tester

1 Like

Cheers mate, appreciate the help!