2011 Chevrolet Cruze stalls when taking off

I have replaced the timing belt and had the computer reprogrammed. The car will stall when taking off from a red light or stop sign. The next time I get in the car ti works fine. I had the fuel injectors clean about two years ago. I wonder if the fuel pump is dying on the car. My Car is a Chevy Equinox LT four banger

Why?

Is the check engine light on?

If you think it is the fuel pump, have you tested it for pressure? Have you driven around trying to recreate the stall WITH a mechanical pressure gauge installed so you can see what the pressure does?

I had read that GM has updates for the computer and the computer has been only reprogrammed once by GM when it was new and the replaced something. I will try to have it tested with the pressure gauge. The mechanic wants to replace the solenoid
again.

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

What solenoid?

For the second time, Is the check engine light on?

The Check Engine came on re: left bank intake solenoid. The mechanic checked it and said it is working fine. The second mechanic wants to replace both the intake and ehaust solenoids due to they are Auto Zone parts not AC Delco parts. I replaced the intake
solenoid in 02-18 and then replaced the intake and exhaust solenoids on 10-18. They were replaced before timing chain was replaced 02-19.

The Check Engine came on re: left bank intake solenoid. The mechanic checked it and said it is working fine. The second mechanic wants to replace both the intake and ehaust solenoids due to they are Auto Zone parts not AC Delco parts. I replaced the intake
solenoid in 02-18 and then replaced the intake and exhaust solenoids on 10-18. They were replaced before timing chain was replaced 02-19.

I really would prefer the actual P code rather than a description. It matters whether it is a P0010 or a P0011 or a P0012 …

I am going to guess it is a P0012. The variable valve timing intake cam solenoid valve has a mechanical problem. I would suggest that the oil passages that feed the valve used to change the cam timing are sludged up and preventing proper intake valve timing adjustment.

I would also suggest the AC Delco parts rather than generic AZ-junk.

Post back if I guessed correctly that it was a P0012 code. I also noticed you never said how many miles this vehicle has. Replacing timing chains shouldn’t need to be done on a well maintained engine until very high mileage. That may explain sludge problems. Anything else you forgot to tell us?

BTW, This discussion would be more helpful to you if we didn’t have to drag out every little detail dribbled out post-by-post-by-post.