2010 Toyota Prius - Rodent chomping

Twice in 4 days repair was done for wire repair caused by rodents chewing injector wire harness wires. The charge was $500.00, although I was not charged the second time it happened. At no time did the dealership council me about how I could have avoided this happening the second time. I politely told the service manager that I feel like I was treated like a chump and not like a good customer or even a person one would like to help out. If I had been informed I would have stopped and bought “Rodent Defense” spray on my way home the first time.I never want to go back there. As it stands, what more can I do? I spray every few days and changed where I park, which is on the street. Thanks

Really? Even after they fixed it the 2nd time for FREE??

Not their responsibility to council you. It is your responsibility to ask the obvious question after TWO rodent damage events - “How can I prevent this from happening in the future?”

You have very unrealistic expectations of your dealer and frankly, they would probably be happy if you did not return.

What more can you do? Nothing. Keep spraying. Rodents are everywhere. We’ve had posters here that have had rodent damage while parked in their garage.

2 Likes