2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - What tire pressure

My 2010 Mercedes Benz
Gas tank cap show Normal load 30psi -----35psi
Maximum load 33psi-----42 psi
What is the correct pressure should i follow ???

Please post a picture. I have never seen a “gas tank cap” with a pressure reading.

If you really mean tire pressure, 35 PSI is probably best for overall tire wear, gas mileage, and handling. The 30PSI will provide a softer ride at the expense of the above benefits.

Look in your owners manual as to what the maximum load is.

Yes, we are talking about tire pressures. Mercedes is giving you a little leeway, so that anything in that range would be OK. Of course, it would be best to keep all four tires at the same pressure.
I would keep the tires at the higher pressures, since then small leaks over months will stay in range.

30-35 PSI.

The 33-42 PSI is when there are a lot of people in the vehicle with cargo in the trunk.

Tester

2 Likes

It looks to me like for a normal load, use 30 psi on the front and 35 psi on the back.

9 Likes

What it says is

With normal load
Front tires - 30 psi
Rear tires - 35 psi

With Max load
Front tires - 33 psi
Rear tires - 42 psi

5 Likes

That cold temperature label seems to be clear enough .

Frankly, I missed that it was indicating front and rear pressures.

That’s not true, as the label indicates.

4 Likes

As mentioned quite well. Front tires are 30 to 33. Rear are 35 to 42. You determine the load being near normal or nearer to maximum.

Good idea ,most of the garage guy have same idea : keep the tires at the same pressure may be 35psi

?? Tires should be set to the correct pressure front and correct pressure rear.

1 Like

Are these ’ Garage Guys ’ actual tire people and did they even look at the tire pressure label . What makes them think they know more than Mercedes who built the vehicle ?

1 Like

+1

There are some “garage guys” who arbitrarily decide what tire pressure to use on every vehicle.
Some of them “like” 26 psi, others might “like” 28 psi, but their laziness doesn’t make them correct.

1 Like

I am definitely the first one to give the wrong answer about equal tire pressures. Mea culpa. Don’t keep them equal!
I just went to get tires installed on new wheels. I asked the “garage guys” about the torque spec, and they said “we just set everything to 100 ft-lbs!” Read the manuals and read the labels
the best “garage guys” do that!

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Not good!

Agree will pick 30-35 psi , most time only one driver and the load is lady , her weight is 108 pounds , no bid deal

Uhhhm, No

Mercedes engineers had a reason for that front/rear tire pressure offset. It has to do with preserving specific handling characteristics for that model, or providing just a touch of understeer - lower pressure in the fronts.

To the orig. poster: Inflate accordingly.

You could always compromise:

Pick a cold pressure value somewhere between the normal and the heavy load pressures on that placard.

IE: Front 32psi, rear 37. This way, for that occasional time you might be haulin a full house, you’ll have at least some margin of safety.

Just remember to preserve that offset - that difference in front to rear pressures on models that call for it.

Some ‘backyard engineer’ thought it’d be just dandy keep all the tires on his 911 at 35psi cold - easier to remember that way! (Porsche themselves specified 34Front and 42Rear or some such).

Well
 He ended up calling 911 from around a tree in a ditch!