2010 Cadillac DTS timing chain

I have a 2010 Cadillac DTS with 94,000 miles on it. Should I change the timing chain around 100K? I plan on keeping the car another 10 years or so or until I go to the great garage in the sky.

Usually, car manufacturers have specific replacement intervalls for the timing belt but none for the timing chain. I don’t think you should worry about it too much.

As long as you change the motor oil at least as often as is specified by GM, and as long as you use the type of oil that they specify, your timing chain should be good for many more years.

And, unlike timing belts, a timing chain that is in need of replacement usually gives you an audible warning.
If the OP ever hears what sounds like a rattling chain, then it will be time to replace the timing chain a.s.a.p.

1 Like

No. Drive on and continue to enjoy your Caddie.

Timing chains usually last the life of the car with proper oil changes.

From my first car in 1958, I have only ever replaced one timing chain, on a 1984 Chevy Impala V8, at about 200,000 miles.

The chain was getting noisy, and my mechanic replaced with a double sprocket chain set that would last forever.

the 4.6 northstar is forever tainted as a disposable motor. just like the subaru 4cyl motor. yes, they seemed to be more reliable after 2005 but if you talk to any caddy service dept and mention “coolant/overheating” issues they instantly compare the 2010 northstar to the 2000 model. timing chains? they last forever in a caddy