2009 Toyota Corolla

The engine blew out on my 2002 Toyota Prius while on a road trip, and we were stuck in a small western NY town where no one could work on a hybrid. We were towed to a Toyota dealership where I decided that the repairs were too expensive ( A decision I now thoroughly regret) and were talked into buying a 2009 Toyota Corolla with 34,000 miles on it. I know that these are considered good cars, but I do not love it, and honestly can not afford it. Does anyone have any ideas for how I should proceed?

I’ll Start !

" . . . ( A decision I now thoroughly regret) . . . buying a 2009 Toyota Corolla with 34,000 miles on it.
. . . , but I do not love it, and honestly can not afford it.
. . . how I should proceed? "

This is pretty general information and you’re seeking specific advice. Start by telling a few more things. There are some very clever and creative minds out here. Perhaps they’ll come up with something.

How much did you pay ? Is that with/without trade-in ? Financed ? Interest rate ?
Specifically, what don’t you love about it ?
Briefly tell how the car is equipped (trim level, automatic transmission, etcetera).
When was this purchase/trade-in ?

CSA

It sounds like you purchased the 2009 Corolla under your own free will.

Unless the dealership committed some type of fraud during the sale (and overpaying isn’t considered fraud), then you’re stuck with your decision.

The Reason I Was Asking “When was this purchase/trade-in ?” And About Financing Is Because There’s Possibly A Way Out That’s Not Extremely Costly.

The used car market has seen increases lately that make used cars more valuable than before (“buy low, sell high” or buy “high, sell higher”) and a loan at a high interest rate could possibly be refinanced, making it more affordable.

Also, maybe somebody’s got suggestions for dealing with the most disagreeable apect(s) of owning a Toyota.

CSA

Are you experiencing mechanical problems? Financial problems? Or “buyers’ remorse”?

How should you preceed? Trade the Corolla.