2009 Scion tC manual

New York. Toyota said they would cover it in most cases but there were some cases, weather damage, carbon build up, and few other cases they don’t cover. They also charge $125 to diagnose if not covered. Talked to dealer and have read my car history and we both think this is a ploy to not repair. They also said it’d be like $1000 for the part, and the dealer said it’s noy that expensive and he’d help me with the repairs if I don’t want to risk the dealer. I buy part he’ll pay labor. Any quote on the part? Autozone said about $234, please your feedback has been very helpful and I appreciate it

Is that the actual problem ? Frankly I would see what the dealer says about having a diagnostic done before just replacing parts. As for a ploy by the dealer , I think not. They have to verify the problem then contact corporate for replacement authorization .

The diagnostic code at autozone said replace TBi its covered in extended warranty as long as it meets certain guide lines. I get that they need to confirm. I just don’t want to be out $125 with the same problem.

It seems you have 2 choices here : Buy the part and let the dealer install it and hope that solves the problem or spend the money for dealer diagnostic to verify what needs to be done.

You bought an 8 year old vehicle so repairs are not unheard of.