2009 Pontiac Vibe - Prep for sale

I need someone’s advice! If I am trying to sell my car & i am having to put a quart of oil in a month, & I am getting “cylinder 1 misfire” when checked at Advance Auto, what would be your suggestion for a selling price?Other than that, It is a great little car but I have bought another & needing to sell. It has almost 150,000 miles on it. 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT.

Sorry Melody, this is one of those questions that is nearly impossible to answer. There are just too many variables on a 10 year old car from a division of GM that no longer exists.
And I for one would never buy a car with a CEL on, in your case the misfire.
A couple of possibilities to set an ‘asking price’. Craigslist, use the search for 2009 Vibes and see what others are asking. Then there is
Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com).
As noted though the misfire is a problem. In my opinion get that fixed before attempting to sell.

1 Like

With the check engine light on, $500.00

And depending on where you live, can you even sell a car that won’t pass a pollution and safety inspection.

It’s not the CEL that is on. It is the Traction control, VSC flashing. & I have had it fixed 3 times & had the errors cleared & it still does it on occasion. It runs fine until those light come on & then it like cuts out. Thanks for your opinion.

I live in GA. It’s not the CEL that is on. It is the Traction control, VSC flashing. & I have had it fixed 3 times & had the errors cleared & it still does it on occasion. It runs fine until those light come on & then it like cuts out. Thanks for your opinion.

As posted this is an impossible web question . Your location is unknown , can’t see or drive this vehicle and it has problems. Here in the Midwest Kelly Blue Book puts it at range from 1200 to 1600 .

Also your replies are seen by everyone so the same reply to a question does not need to be made to each poster.

Her last post she said Georgia. @Melody37 the oil consumption wouldn’t worry me as much as the cylinder 1 misfire does. If you just need to move the car and price isn’t a huge issue, toss it up for 1k and see what happens. Expect people to try and negotiate this down.

Can you confirm that the CEL (MIL) does illuminate when you try to start the car?
Because a cylinder #1 misfire will normally illuminate the CEL before it also causes the other two you mentioned to come on as well. They are likely a result of the misfire condition being detected. They could also be a separate issue but the misfire should be setting the CEL. If that is not coming on, you may have a larger issue selling…

1 Like