2009 Hyundai Accent - Used car problems

That’s good.
It looks like you meet the criteria for Lemonaid protection in Massachusetts.
You can bone up on it here so you know your rights- https://www.mass.gov/guides/guide-to-used-vehicle-warranty-law

They have a right to try and fix it but similar to new cars, they only get so many attempts and must complete repairs within a designated time frame.

Looks like the dealer bought the car from a private seller and assumed the note was accurate, which it isn’t. Be thankful it’s being taken care of.

2 Likes

NT used car lemon law would cover her transmission issue for 60 days, because the car costs more than $1500 and has under 80,000 mi;es
. 80,000 to 100,000 miles get a 30 day warranty. The warranty would not be required to cover s[ark plugs or coil packs.

However it depends on how the warranty is written., I had a dealer just write 30 day warranty on my sales receipt without putting any exclusions. I made him fix an inoperative fuel filler door release. He said that is not covered under the lemon law. I said, I know but you did not write NY Lemon Law warranty so you better hope, noyjong goes wrong on this car in the next 30 days. Nothing did.