2008 Porsche Cayenne - worth buying?

I am thinking seriously purchasing 2008 Cayenne with 156,107km on it. Please advise if I should stay away from it or not. V6/3.6L, checked on Carcomplaints. I am lost as to weather to jump or standdown (?) HELP !

Gilbert, I really don’t see how anyone on the internet can help you make this decision. We can’t see or drive the vehicle, Have no idea how you will react when the service on a Porsche is really expensive. Frankly , if you are on the web asking that might be a sign that this is not what you should do.

Yep, 10 year old luxury cars (particularly German ones) can be money pits. I’d pass.

I’d say stay away unless You have ridiculous amounts of money. In most of Europe they depreciate on average ca 55% after 4 years (diesel, gas engines is around 65%) all because of extreme maintenance cost and repairs. Btw, the VW Tuareg is the same car. A company next door had a Tuareg for 3 years. VW paid for the first 2 main computers, they had to pay for the third to the tune of around 5200 USD. Needless to say, the car was sold with a loss of ca 140.000 USD after that.
The cheapest new Cayenne you can get in DK will cost you 220k, I can get a -14 midrange model with close to 80k miles on the clock for less than 45k (private sale). I’ll guess that the depreciation will be near the same in USA. Or maybe I’m wrong.

Porsches are pretty great, and if there’s a used German car that would give you the least trouble, Porsche would probably be in the running. But that doesn’t mean it won’t give you trouble, and when it does it’s gonna be a gut-punch to your wallet.

Put another way, if you can only afford a used Porsche, you probably can’t afford to keep a Porsche on the road.

1 Like

Yep. If you want to make a small fortune, start with a large fortune and buy well used German luxury cars.

4 Likes

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR STRAIGHT INPUT. YOUR COMMENTS WERE MY GUT

THOUGHTS. AGAIN MANY THANKS!!!

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

|690x0

@cdaquila Carolyn, not sure why Gilbert had his posts flagged unless it was because he replied by email ( I really wish people would not do that ) and someone thought it was spam.

Hi. He posted a thank you twice in a very short period of time, and the system thought it was spam. That’s all. Nothin’ to see here.