2008 MINI Cooper S Clubman - does dealer need to reset the computer?

I changed my battery in my Mini recently. When I started the car some of the dashboard functions don’t work properly. Can I reset the computer on my own or is this a dealer issue?

The dealer should do that as part of a normal service. I would not attempt it myself.

You might find a Mini forum and ask there, someone might know how to do this.

I don’t know much about Minis, but I do know some things about BMWs. Are you referring to battery registration, which helps the car determine how to charge the battery properly? If so, I don’t think your dashboard issues would be related to that. You still should do the registration to get the best life out of your new battery, though.

What are the dashboard functions that don’t work?

some vehicles have an anti-theft system that prevents the radio from working after a battery swap without a security code. Is this what you are referring to?

If those things dont come back on their own, I would take it to the dealer. Strange thing can happen to modern cars when the battery is disconnected.
When changing out a battery you should always have a back up power supply connected so this type of thing wont happen.

This article describes what can happen when the battery is disconnected on some BMW’s.

https://www.aa1car.com/library/battery_disconnect_problems.htm

Tester

Some OBD II code readers can perform battery registration.