2008 Jeep Vibration Issue

Dear Tom and Ray,

We have a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee that we purchased new in September of 2008. This is our Summer Jeep since we only drive it in the summer when there is no snow and road salt. We also have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee which is our Winter Jeep. Also in our family is a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee which is owned by my daughter. She lives with us. You can tell we like Jeeps.

Anyway, the issue I am having is with our 2008 Grand Cherokee which currently has only 6200 miles on it. When we first purchase the Jeep I noticed what I thought was a wheel balance issue. I noticed this only from speeds between 40 and 60 miles per hour. 0-40 and 60 MPH and up the Jeep rides perfectly with no issues.

On complaining to our Jeep dealer, they were kind enough to rebalance all the tires. This had no effect on the vibration. I then took it back and they again rebalance all the tires, plus rotated them and resurfaced the front discs. This again did not solve my problem.

My thoughts are now that what I may be experiencing is not a balance issue but something in the fuel control system electronics that is not providing enough fuel or air to the engine causing a slight loss of power in the 40 to 60 MPH range. Is this possible?

Please advise your comments which will be greatly appreciated since I do not look like an idiot when I take the car back to my dealer.

Thank you in advance

Have you taken a tech (not a service writer) for a test drive with you?

Don, Did The Jeep Come With The “Chrome Finish” Wheel Option ?
CSA