2008 is 250

the car has 50K miles. The check engine light has come on and at the exact same time, the TRAC and VSC indicators came on. There is a message on the console that says ‘check vsc’. There is a traction icon that displays in the console. I tried to turn off the TRAC & VSC according to the user manual, but this did not work. Some have said it could be the gas cap. The only thing that has happened was two weeks ago we got an oil change and maintenance from a recall. This work was done at the Lexus dealer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I went to the local parts store and got a code reading. The codes are
P0138 & P2195

Get the error code(s) read with a scanner. Let us know what they are, e.g. P0xxx.
Some auto parts places will do this for free.
You might persuade the dealer to do this for free, since they worked on it recently.

edit: I posted before seeing the post above.

O2 sensor, bank 1, sensor 1. That’s the passenger side, the one on the manifold.

The mechanic had nothing to do with this.

You can get the parts aftermarket, but for Lexus and Toyota parts, I suggest the dealer for the part. installation is pretty easy, and they’re not hard to pull out.

It’s normal for the VSC and TRAC lights to come on when this system goes out. They do that because the computer thinks there’s something wrong, and the additional load from those systems is taken away from the motor.

Good luck.

Gentlemen, thanks so much for your quick help. I will get on it right away.

DTC P2195
Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Signal Stuck Lean (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

It would be best to find the cause of the lean condition before replacing an expensive A/F sensor.

Because the intake manifold was removed during recall ELF, there may be a vacuum leak. Return the vehicle to the dealer and have them check there work.

Because the intake manifold was removed during recall ELF, there may be a vacuum leak. Return the vehicle to the dealer and have them check there work.
Cool. Maybe the mechanic IS at fault, then. Did not know what the recall was.

Replacing the fuel pressure sensor gasket is the most recent recall. It is located on the fuel rail under the intake manifold.